Terms & Conditions
We the organisers have a responsibility and duty of care towards our participants. The following regulations are to be followed for the duration of the event.
· _You must be over 18 years of age on the day of the event to participate BUT younger riders may ride the route with written parental consent.
· _A parent or guardian must accompany riders under the age of sixteen.
· _Riders will be responsible for the roadworthiness of their own cycle.
· _Tri-bars are acceptable; however they are not to be used in group riding.
· _Riders will be set off in groups of 20 or less at intervals of no less than 2 mins but start times are flexible.
· _All riders are covered by third party insurance for the duration of the event. The cost of this is included in your entry fee. ITP Events iis covered for tird party liability
· _You must obey all Highway Code rules. You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 abreast at any time. Please be aware of your fellow cyclists and any other traffic. Please always indicate your intention to stop or change direction. All cyclists must adhere to and obey the Highway Code and laws of England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland where applicable and extend all reasonable courtesy to other road users.
· _You may not deviate from the official route. You will either be given a map from start to finish or there will be signage marking the route. Direction will be indicated by the map or signs placed clearing at or before junctions. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILTY OF ALL RIDERS TO TAKE THE CORRECT ROUTE.
· _It is mandatory THAT ALL riders wear a safety approved cycling helmet complying with latest BSEN1078, ANSI Z90/4 OR SNELL standards. Any rider not wearing a helmet will not be covered by the event insurance and will be disqualified from the event and could be liable for damages if involved in an accident on that basis. The rider must accept this as a condition of entry.
· _Please do not use your mobile phone when riding and if taking or making calls please do it safely at the side of the road.
· _The organisation reserves the right to terminate an individual’s ride on health and safety grounds.
· _The rides will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be rerouted or stopped for reasons of safety. Entry fees, however, are not refundable once the event has commenced. PLEASE SEE THE REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS SECTION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
· _The organisers will endeavour to provide fluid and some form of food at designated ‘feed zones’ however, we cannot guarantee supplies will be available at all times and urge riders to only take what they need and be mindful of the needs of those following behind.
· _No rider may take food or drink from anyone whilst on the move; if you need food or drink you must stop to receive it.
· _Individual support cars are strictly forbidden; any participants seen to use one will be taken out of the event, disqualified and not covered by third party insurance.
· _All riders MUST carry a form of identification showing their name, address and/or contact details of a person to be advised in the eventuality of an accident. It is also advised that all participants carry 2 drinks bottles, energy bars, tools, replacement inner tubes<,> suitable wet weather gear, money, mobile phone, and a working pump, as well as extra clothing to complete the ride being undertaken, taking into account the route and possible adverse weather conditions.
· _You will be required to attach your rider number for identification purposes and health and safety reasons. To be attached to your handlebars where appropriate.
· _I understand that I participate completely at my own risk and that the organisers will not be held responsible for any damage, injury or loss however caused by me outside of the third party insurance in place for the duration of the event.
· _I understand that I/we cycle completely at my/our own risk and that the organisers will not be held responsible for any damage, injury or loss however caused.
· _I agree to wear a safety approved cycling helmet complying with latest ANSI Z90/4 OR SNELL standards for the duration of the event.
· _I declare myself medically fit and able to participate in the challenge. By entering the challenge, I waive any liability on the part of the organiser due to medical grounds.
· _Cyclosportives are designed as events for serious cyclists who have the strength, endurance and stamina to successfully complete the challenge. Please ensure you have done the right level of training to go for your standard and/or chosen distance.
· _If I am under 18, I have the written consent of a parent or guardian to ride the course, which < > will be provided, preferably by email, before the event takes place. If I am under 16, my parent or guardian will also accompany me throughout the duration of the event by bicycle.
The management of hazards, terrain and judgement of traffic whilst riding rest entirely with the participant.
Anti-social, inconsiderate, abusive or other unreasonable conduct on the road or at the event HQ (including littering) may result in the participant being withdrawn from the event.
EVENT CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
EVENT CANCELLATION (PRIOR TO THE DAY OF THE EVENT)
If an event is cancelled a different date will be offered if possible. If this is not possible or the participant is unable to attend on the new date, a full refund will be issued within 30 days of the notification of the cancellation to the customer.
EVENT CANCELLATION (ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT)
If an event has to be cancelled or stopped on the day of the event for safety reasons, no refunds can be issued.
CANCELLATION BY ENTRANTS PRIOR TO THE EVENT
Consumers have 14 days from date of purchase to cancel unless the service has commenced, except for leisure activities on specific dates. The service commencement date for events organized by ITP Events is 14 days prior to the date of the event. This means no refunds can be issued in the 14 days prior to the event even if the entry was purchased within the 14 day period, except if the event is cancelled or changed to a new date as above. Should a refund be required this needs to be requested in writing (including email) to ITP Events at the earliest possible date, outlining the reasons. No refunds can be issued by any third party online entry provider.
DELIVERY OF AGREED GOODS
ITP Events will make all reasonable effort to provide the features stipulated in the event description, however there may be unforseen occasions where such features cannot be provided quickly or adequately, eg exceptional demand for mechanical service over a 100 mile course. Refunds cannot be given in these circumstances.